2018 Chevrolet Malibu Dimensions
The Malibu is offered in four levels of adjustment-L, LS, lt and Premier. The power is supplied by a 160-hp 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine ECOTEC with auto stop/start technology, coupled to a six-speed automatic transmission, or a 250-HP 2.0-Liter turbocharged four-cylinder, Paired with a nine-speed automatic. The standard Trim-dependent equipment includes: 19-inch aluminum wheels, LED daytime running lights, heated/ventilated front seats, leather upholstery, dual zone automatic climate control, and satellite radio.
Each Malibu (except L) is kept connected with a Chevrolet my link radio, with a 7 inch touchscreen, Bluetooth audio streaming, 4 G and Wi-Fi HotSpot capability, and smartphone integration; Charging wireless devices is also available. Standard safety features include anti-Lock disc brakes with brake assist, stability/traction control systems and OnStar, as well as ten airbags; Other technologies available include a rearview camera, front collision alert, rear cross traffic alert, rail keep support, side blind zone alert and teen driver mode. The Chevrolet Malibu takes over unchanged for 2018.
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Engine
Chevrolet Malibu was completely redesigned for model year 2016. It was no longer a medium and monotonous sedan, the Malibu gained a new body structure, lost 300 pounds, and reached a new plateau in road manners, far from its predecessor. It’s an excellent example of the steps forward the three Detroit automakers have done lately.
The new 9-speed operates with the stronger Malibu Engine: a 2.0 liter turbo to four cylinders which develops 250 horses and 260 pounds of torque. That Premiere 2.0-liter fact a substitute worthy of a V6.
Most models have a 1.5-liter Turbo Four, rated at 163 horsepower and 184 lbs of feet, working with an automatic 6-speed. 2017 Malibu LT and LS radios win Android auto and Apple display, along with a teen driver feature. A new sports package is available.
For maximum fuel efficiency, Chevrolet continues to offer a Malibu hybrid. A 1.8-litre four-cylinder petrol engine, rated at 182 hp, equipments with dual electric motors and a battery pack.
Malibu has earned a five-star rating of shock Test in general from the National Road Traffic Safety Administration, with four stars for rollover (a calculated figure). The Road Safety Insurance Institute gave him a maximum security Pick award. Except for the L-model base, a rearview camera is standard. Every Malibu has 10 airbags.
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Specifications
Many active safety features are available, but mainly for LT and Premier editions. A front pedestrian alert can identify pedestrians ahead, and automatically brake. Adaptive cruise control works with front automatic braking. Blind spot monitoring with lane change alert, rear cross-traffic alert, and active lane with lane-out warning are also offered. Unlike some security systems, the Malibu subtly but firmly of function. Front and rear parking sensors are available, as well as assistance to car parking automatic.
Malibus with the 1.5-liter engine is to the EPA-assessed to 27/36 mpg city / highway, or 30 mpg combined. With the 2.0-liter turbo, substantially estimates of 22/33 dip mpg city / highway, or 26 mpg. At the other end, the hybrid is EPA-valued at 49/43 mpg city / highway, or 46 mpg combined.
- Turbocharged, 4-cylinder engine
- Front wheel drive
- A/T, 9-Speed A/t
- Body style
Braking and handling
- 4-wheel disc brakes, ABS
- Tire pressure Monitor
- Aluminum Wheels
- MP3 player, smart device integration, aux audio input, AM/FM stereo, satellite radio, Premium sound system, WiFi HotSpot
- Power door locks, keyless entry
- Power Mirror (s), heated mirrors, mirror memory, auto-dimming rearview mirror, passenger illuminated visor mirror, passenger vanity mirror, conductive illuminated vanity mirror, driver vanity mirror
- Navigation from telematics, telematics, backup camera, automatic headlights, Bluetooth connection, navigation system, leather steering wheel, adjustable steering wheel, steering wheel, steering wheel audio controls, cruise control, travel computer, Safety, remote engine start, Keyless start, power plug
- Safety features
- Stability control, traction control, brake support, daytime running lights, child safety locks, integrated turn signal mirrors
- Air bags
- Passenger air bag, rear side air bag, passenger air bag sensor, knee air bag, driver air bag, rear head air bag, front side air bag, front main air bag
- Air conditioning
- A/C, A/C, multi-zone, climate control
- Power windows, rear defrost
- Bucket seats, heated front seat, cooled front seat, power driver seat, power passenger seat, adjustable driver lumbar, adjustable passenger lumbar, rear bench seat, rear seat Pass-through, seat memory
- Wheelbase (inside)
- 111.4 in
- Length, in general
- 193.8 in
- Height, in general
- 57.6 in
- Base Curb weight (lbs)
- 3388 lbs
- Fuel tank capacity, approx. (GAL)
- EPA classification
- Medium size Cars
2018 Chevrolet Malibu Price
Malibu The (21 680), which aims to buyers of Fleet, contains the engine of 1.5 liter and basic functions such as six THE PRESIDENT radio, cruise control, electric locks/Windows, and steel wheels of 16 inches. (All prices are proposed and do not include the $875 of destination.)
Malibu LS ($23,225) adds a rearview camera, 7.0 inch touch screen link radio and Bluetooth connectivity, Apple and Android Auto, OnStar with Wi-Fi capability, 16-inch alloy wheels, and an acoustic windshield. A feature of teenage driver can track poor behavior of young drivers. Malibu LT ($25,125) comes with 17-inch wheels, LED flashlights and daytime running lights, satellite radio, heated power mirrors, and power driver’s seat.